The San Ramon Teen Council is an ideal way for teens to contribute to the success of our youth community while adding to their leadership experience. If your teen thrives in leadership positions, they will want to check out this program. Go to http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/bcc/documents/Teen.pdf for more information and application.
(The following information is taken from the City of San Ramon website.)
Are you a High School student and interested in providing leadership for Teens in San Ramon? The City of San Ramon invites you to apply for the Teen Council and lead the way for your age group and make a difference for Teens in San Ramon.
The Teen Council is a 17 member committee appointed by the City Council to make recommendations to the City of San Ramon staff, Parks and Community Services Commission and City Council on the delivery of teen programs, facilities, activities, services and policies. In addition the Teen Council advocates for teen issues, volunteers for numerous City events and plans special activities for teens.
The San Ramon Teen Council is a group of 17 teens appointed by the City Council to:
- Identify areas of improvement for teen programs and teen recreation policies and provide solutions to City of San Ramon staff and the Parks and Community Services Commission.
- Appoint appropriate sub-committees as necessary to further the work of the teen program and the efforts of the Teen Council.
- Receive input from the teen population in San Ramon, including input from other organizations and individuals on issues relevant to the teen population.
- Act as a liaison for teen issues to governmental and private organizations.
- Provide teen feedback to staff on current and future needs of the San Ramon teen population for teen program planning.
For additional information and application, go to: http://www.sanramon.ca.gov
“Holiday on the Farm”. The City of San Ramon has ongoing community events throughout the year. This weekend is “Holiday on the Farm” at the Forest Home Farm Historical Park from 11am-3pm. It is a FREE holiday event with Santa, reindeer, ornament making crafts, cookie making, puppet show, sheep dog demonstrations, music and more. If you have not visited Forest Home Farms before, consider taking one of the tractor tours. San Ramon has a rich history that is interesting to adults and kids.
For more information: http://patch.com/california/sanramon/san-ramon-residents-invited-holiday-farm
The San Ramon Police Department has announced it’s mobile emergency notification system. Simply text your zip code (94583 or 94582) to 888-777. No wonder San Ramon is considered one of the safest large cities in the Country. If you are looking for a San Ramon Realtor to help find your dream home, give me a call. 925-400-7007.
Top 5 San Ramon City Parks
I believe that San Ramon is home to the best parks in California. As a resident, father and San Ramon Realtor, I have enjoyed my share of parks over the last 13 years. Here are my families top 5 favorite San Ramon Parks:
- Athens Down. Can you say”jungle gym” and “monkey bars”? If so, this is the park for your family. Recently renovated, Athens Down Park has an elaborate set up of things to climb and swing. Typically full of baseball and soccer teams on the grassy fields, this playground is great fun for kids of all ages.
- Central park is our most prestigious park with over 42 acres of play area. Water features, softball fields, bike paths and open playground with swings is a blast for young kids. I would have to say that Central Park is our most elaborate playground in the City.
- Memorial Park off Bollinger Canyon Road. Let your kids get lost in the maze of playground equipment and swings. The park also includes an adjoining dog park for all our furry friends. Your family will spend hours enjoying the enormous play structures and open space.
- Valley View Park located at Monarch Rd off Star Jasmine Dr includes 10.25 acres of grassy goodness. Play ball, run the fields with your dog, or enjoy the slides at this manicured park. Complete with restroom and shaded picnic tables, Valley View Park in San Ramon is a great outdoor experience.
- Old Ranch Park, 1000 Vista Monte Dr. This park is ideal for kite flying, soccer, and children who love slides. The park is also perfect for toddlers learning to ride bikes. The short bike path circles the grassy field and is easily visible to parents keeping an eye on new riders. This park also has comfortable bench seating for lunch time or reading. Old Ranch Park also draws a crowd during meteor showers because of it’s location overlooking the Tri-Valley.
For more information about all the San Ramon Parks, go to: http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/parks/parks_facilities/parks.htm